Monday 14 October 2013

PANEL 1 COMPLETE ! & PANEL 2 IS ALMOST THERE ..

EVERYONE THESE ARE MY PANEL BOARDS !! 1 & A LITTLE BIT OF 2.
I've never really explained the main purpose of the first and third photo but in a few posts I will explain it further.For the second panel, it will be more concentrated on mixing the female and male roles as a young Tongan representative photographing from different angles; trying to blur me out or blur Siaosi out. For those photos, I will be acting as a male doing the Tulafale while Siaosi will tau'olunga while I dance around him. I'm hoping to edit the photos similar to some of Reubin Caldwell's and Courtney Willan's photos (e.g. below). Therefore, those photos can be juxtaposed together on one image rather than separately because of space. There is already photos of me (panel 1) playing the Lali (drum), as that is an important role for a male when it comes to music and entertaining. More of these will follow on into panel 2.My final images underneath the drums with the necklace, will be of me in a full Tongan traditional costume; while Siaosi is shirtless with a traditional necklace and all oiled up.  
      


<-- (3rd photo) Modotti/Khan

<-- Muybridge





<-- Modotti





One of Reubin Caldwell's (Yr13) photo of his concept, 'Identity' 
'Rebel Without A Cause'
One of Courtney Willian's (Yr13) photo of her concept, 'Rebel Without A Cause'
These are really good examples of the next editing I'll be doing. I really like how transparent Reubin's photograph is. The dark contrast balances well with the lighting. Courtney has taken this photo very carefully and has developed it well. She has used Idris Khan as one of her artist models (so will I). She has based it around the techniques of Bernd and Hilla Becher; where they take photos of every single angle of an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment