Tuesday 30 July 2013

Practice Body Movements Within The Image

In these following images, they show a series of different *Tau'olunga movements. Taking these photographs  was a way of putting them into a series/sequence of photos that tied in from one image to the image. I have used the style of Eadweard Muybridge which was an English photographer who was famous for his pioneering work in photographic studies of motion and motion-picture projection.   
 

This is one of Muybridge's motion-picture photographs, 'Plate 187 Dancing' . This is kind of  how I plan to show my Tau'olunga movements with the Tupenu and the motion in my hands.  

 
*Tau'olunga : A traditional Tongan dance. The Tau'olunga is similar to the Hawaiian hula or the Tahitian hand mimicks.

8 comments:

  1. A series of photographs that concentrates on closeups of those hand movements, both focussed and with slower shutter speeds? Then potentially grouped like Muybridge? Maybe look to Tina Modotti for some inspiration too. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um idk? i dont think so, but since you have mentioned that , maybe i could do that. have a section where i can concentrate on close up photos and tie that into my homework with different camera angle/shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you have used the techniques like Muybridge, but put them in your own context and made them work for you. Your photos are looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I really like how you used the shadow's and the lighting. Also I love your concept. Very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the link you have made and how the photots work together, and i like that your concept means so much to you and how close to your heart it is, i'm not sure if that is what you were actually trying to portray in your photos or not but that's what i'm getting from it :)i think a different location would compliment theses photos even more, It might be cause i am very picky or not but i am noticing the stuff in the background alot. apart from that i love guurl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the Shadowing that has been used within the image. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone :)
    yes marissa ,youre right yaaay ! and im also trying to portray my background heritage and how it means to me :) thank y'all x

    ReplyDelete
  8. DR. AILINE BOSS THIS IS BOSS! I am diggin your concept and the way you're choosing to show it on your folio, straight boss(; how many times can zusje say boss.

    ReplyDelete