Thursday 24 October 2013

Meaning of my photos ..

Koau 'eni, mou me'a mai
This photo shows the work of Idrsi Khan and Tina Modotti. The blurs of the hands represents Khan's and the close up of the blurred movements is Modotti's. My hand movements symbolizes my welcoming to the viewers and markers as they scan slowly through my concept. This is welcoming you as the viewer to go through a journey with me as I express and expand my culture heritage showing the significant of female and male roles in a Tongan society including customs.

' Splashing Tupenu '
In this photograph the waving of the tupenu represents the 'showing' of my concept. I'm flicking it out, so that everyone sees it. Everything that is contained in the tupenu are all the customs, traditional ways, gender roles etc. So therefore, this is me showing you this is me. Koau 'eni, mou me'a mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment